I’m pretty sure we all have an idea of how this world and the people should be. Although not many of us do much about it, I, on the other hand, channel the inner Gandhi and be the change I want to see.
But that does not stop me from hating on stupid things which btw I very happily use to make judgments about humans around me. Also helps me keep good company and live a happier life 🙂
Sooo, I’ve been mentally noting these annoying things for years and now finally have the platform (thanks to me, myself and I) to share them with the world.
- Randomly stop/slow down at entrances/exits to check their phones while people behind bump into them
- Try to get in the elevator before the people inside come out
- Block the escalator (right side is for standing, left side is for walking)
- Make waiters wait
- Don’t tip free valet
- Chew loudly
- Be unprepared at payment counters with long queues
- Don’t check the toilet seat before leaving the toilet
- Park too close to the line/the next car
- Don’t use indicators
- Cut lines in traffic
- Text while driving
- Use phone when someone is talking
- Use gym equipment and not put it back
- Speak Arabic when a non-Arabic speaking person is part of the conversation
- Use plastic irresponsibly (shopping bags, water bottles, knives and forks)
- Eat food irresponsibly (food wasters go to hell, remember that)
- Use social media irresponsibly (no, don’t forward it)
- Walk behind the customer who clearly doesn’t need your assistance right now
- Take too many selfies
- Smoke irresponsibly – as if smoking isn’t bad enough already, people who don’t know how to dispose off their cigarette butts bother me so much.
- Bring babies to mosques
- Bring babies to the cinema
- Stare shamelessly
- Not know what to order before calling the restaurant
- Don’t turn off the lights
- Put themselves down
- Don’t shower (enough)
- Interrupt when someone is talking
- Bail last minute.
- Don’t RRR (reduce, reuse, recycle)
- Get out of seat before the plane has come to a complete stop (good job you saved 5 minutes)
- Use iPads/technology as babysitters for kids
AND MOST STUPID OF ALL
Don’t smile – I work really really hard to pretend I like humans because a) I want to make God happy and b) it makes me happy when people smile back. Most of us take smiling customer services reps for granted and when we come across that one grumpy rep, we get annoyed. Makes you realize how important smiling is to keep both everyone happy. Wise words by someone very wise – if you can’t find a good person, be one. I don’t know if the saying fits but you get what I mean, right?
Whether people do one or one hundred of these little annoying things, it is important to remember that all we need is to be more aware of everything around us. Our generation’s problem is that our worldview is as small as our phone screens and we don’t realize when we are causing inconvenience to other people with our smallest actions. The world would be such an easy place to live in if we all cared about the consequences of our actions. No, it’s not difficult, no I’m not talking philosophy. People just need to use their brains.